Here are ten interesting proverbs in English with translation in Serbian:
1. Time stays not the fool’s pleasure. – Trla baba lan da joj prođe dan.
2. What greater crime than loss of time. – Trla baba lan da joj prođe dan.
3. The wish is father to the thought. – Što je babi milo, to joj se i snilo.
4. Too many cooks spoil the broth. – Sto babica, kilava deca.
5. Without fear or favour. – Ni po babi ni po stričevima.
6. We don’t kill a pig every day. – Kad je bal, nek je maskenbal.
7. Christmas comes but once a year. – Nije svaki dan Badnji dan.
8. There are two ends to a stick. – Batina ima dva kraja.
9. Spare the rod and spoil the child. – Batina je iz raja izašla.
10. It’s no use crying over the spilled milk. – Bilo pa prošlo.
Table of English Tenses
||A: He speaks.
N: He does not speak.
Q: Does he speak?
|always, every …, never, normally, often, seldom, sometimes, usually
||A: He is speaking.
N: He is not speaking.
Q: Is he speaking?
|at the moment, just, just now, Listen!, Look!, now, right now
||A: He spoke.
N: He did not speak.
Q: Did he speak?
|yesterday, 2 minutes ago, in 1990, the other day, last Friday
||A: He was speaking.
N: He was not speaking.
Q: Was he speaking?
|when, while, as long as
|Present Perfect Simple
||A: He has spoken.
N: He has not spoken.
Q: Has he spoken?
|already, ever, just, never, not yet, so far, till now, up to now
|Present Perfect Continuous
||A: He has been speaking.
N: He has not been speaking.
Q: Has he been speaking?
|all day, for 4 years, since 1993, how long?, the whole week
|Past Perfect Simple
||A: He had spoken.
N: He had not spoken.
Q: Had he spoken?
|already, just, never, not yet, once, until that day
Evo i linkova za uvežbavanje vremena: